No Products in the Cart
Have you ever wanted to create your own ecosystem? Terrariums are a great way to do this. This recycled glass terrarium is supplied with two stainless steel tools, one rake and one small trowel to help you fill and arrange your soils or sands. The perfect gift for green thumbs. Find plants perfect for Terrarium living in-store.
Stainless Steel Tools.
24 x 31cm
Vessel Dishwasher Safe
Cork Lid Hand Wash Only
What you need
• Small River Pebbles or Pea Gravel
• Horticultural Charcoal
• Terrarium soil or a quality well-draining potting mix. Do not use garden soil.
• Miniature varieties of moisture-loving plants such as Ferns, Ivies and Begonias.
• Optional: Your choice of decorative pebbles, large rocks, figurines or moss.
Making Your Terrarium
1. Clean and rinse your jar thoroughly with a mix of water and gentle detergent or rubbing alcohol. Allow the jar to drip dry thoroughly.
2. Spread approximately 1-2 cm of pebbles on the base of your jar. Flatten to create an even foundation.
3. Add a layer of charcoal avoiding taking it to the glass edge.
4. Next spread approximately 4 cm of soil, using your tools to distribute the layer evenly.
5. Plan your planting before placing it in the Terrarium. Arrange taller plants at the back or middle of your garden graduating smaller plants around your focal plant.
Store Pickup: We currently do not ship/post any plant life, oversized or bulky products such as pots. These items are Store Pickup (Click & Collect) only at our store in Warrandyte, VIC, 3113. Secure Online, Pickup Later with our store pickup option on the cart page.