No Products in the Cart
Botanical Name: Camellia hiemalis
A very popular, hardy variety with a vigorous and upright habit. Its flowers are large single to semi-double deep cerise, appearing in autumn and winter. Excellent as a single specimen or as hedging.
Hiemalis is a hybrid between the warm-climate scented sasanqua and cooler-climate unscented japonica camellias.
Looking for the best fertilizer for your Camellia? Try out Harry's Camellia Food.
- It can be planted in both full sun or lightly shaded positions.
- For hedge or screen planting, space between 1.2m to 1.8m apart.
- Planting holes should be double the width of the container and slightly deeper, with a blend of composted material and existing topsoil.
- Plant the camellia so that the top of the potting mix is level with the finished soil line, and water in well.
- Mulch the soil surface with 5cm of quality mulch, avoiding mounding against the plant's trunk.
- It will take several months to a year to establish, keep the soil moist but not overwatered.
- Prune in early spring for shape, and feed with a quality general-purpose fertiliser in spring, replenishing as needed in mid to late summer
- Can grow to 3m x 2m.
Store Pickup: We currently do not ship/post any plant life or oversized + bulky products such as pots. These items are Store Pickup (Click & Collect) only at our store in Warrandyte, VIC, 3113. Secure Online, Pickup Later with our store pickup option on the cart page.
The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.