No Products in the Cart
Botanical Name: Camellia hybrid.
The Volunteer is a sensational evergreen camellia. Its attractive anemone-formed variegated flowers open deep rich pink with white edges, seeping through the season to dark pink-red. It can tolerate full sun to partial shade. Ideal as a screening plant or just a specimen plant in your garden.
Looking for the best fertilizer for your Camellia? Try out Harry's Camellia Food.
- It can be planted in both full sun or lightly shaded positions.
- For hedge or screen planting, space between 1.2m to 1.5m apart.
- Planting holes should be double the width of the container and slightly deeper, with a blend of composted material and existing topsoil.
- Best positioned in part shade with protection from strong winds.
- Mulch the soil surface with 5cm of quality mulch, avoiding mounding against the plant's trunk.
- Camellia's will take several months to a year to establish, keep the soil moist but not overwatered.
- Prune in early spring for shape, and feed with a quality general-purpose fertiliser in spring, replenishing as needed in mid to late summer.
- It can grow 2.5 x 1.5m
Store Pickup: We currently do not ship/post any plant life or oversized + bulky products such as pots. These items are Store Pickup (Click & Collect) only at our store in Warrandyte, VIC, 3113. Secure Online, Pickup Later with our store pickup option on the cart page.
The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.