No Products in the Cart
Botanical Name: Camellia Sasanqua Asakura.
Asakura is a very showy and long-flowering Camellia. Its flowering period extends from autumn through to early winter. The bush is vigorous, strong, upright and sun hardy. The leaves are dark green, thick and glossy highlighting the pink buds and showy white flowers.
Looking for the best fertilizer for your Camellia? Try out Harry's Camellia Food.
- Asakura can be planted in both full sun or lightly shaded positions.
- For hedge or screen planting, space Asakura between 1.2m to 1.8m apart.
- Planting holes should be double the width of the container and slightly deeper, with a blend of composted material and existing topsoil.
- Plant Asakura so that the top of the potting mix is level with the finished soil line, and water in well.
- Mulch the soil surface with 5cm of quality mulch, avoiding mounding against the plant's trunk.
- Asakura will take several months to a year to establish, keep the soil moist but not overwatered.
- Prune in early spring for shape, and feed with a quality general purpose fertiliser in spring, replenishing as needed in mid to late summer.
Store Pickup: We currently do not ship/post any plant life or oversized + bulky products such as pots. These items are Store Pickup (Click & Collect) only at our store in Warrandyte, VIC, 3113. Secure Online, Pickup Later with our store pickup option on the cart page.
The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.